I want to sign up for automatic payment withdrawal, what do I do?
Fill out the ACH form which can be found under the Pay Assessment Fees tab of the website. Submit the form along with a voided check by the end of the month. This will allow processing to complete your request for the next month. Withdrawal(s) will take place on the first business day between the 5th and 10th of each month until written notice is received to stop your withdrawal. Be sure to include an email address so that the Accounting Department can send you a confirmation of account activation. You can also fill out the ACH/Payment section online under your Profile.

How do I stop my automatic payment?
Submit a written request via mail, fax or email by the 20th of the month indicating your desire to discontinue this method of payment. Your name, property address and account number should be clearly listed on the request. No verbal requests will be acted upon. Use the Account or General question tabs to submit your request.

​I want to set up recurring payments for my HOA assessment, how do I do so?
Payment services are offered over the internet via our website: http://www.kchoa.com – You may pay using ‘e-check’, a self-initiated one-time or recurring debit from your checking account at no cost to you. To initiate recurring e-check payments, use the link identified as ‘Pay My Assessment’, located on the right-hand side of our home page, followed by the link ‘Login or Register to Pay Now.’ You will then use the link ‘Create Account’ to setup an account for recurring e-check payments. Once your account has been created, and your email verified, you will then need to ‘add a property’ to complete the recurring payment setup. After you’ve created an account, in order to access it in the future, follow the same steps listed above, but use the link ‘Login’ instead of the link ‘Create Account.’

What is a homeowners/community association?
A homeowners/community association is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and manaed by a duly elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: CC&Rs, ByLaws, and Articles of Incorporation. The community association is financially supported by all members of the association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory.

What are the CC&Rs?
The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs), also known as the Declarations, are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the community association that an owner must abide by. The CC&Rs were recorded by the County recorder’s office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property.

What are the ByLaws?
The Bylaws are the adopted guidelines for the administration and management of a community association. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership’s voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business.

What is the Board of Directors?
The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The Board has the responsibility to operate the community association on behalf of the property owners. The limitations and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents.

Are there any other rules, outside the governing documents, in my Association?
Most associations have developed Rules and Regulations as provided for in the CC&Rs and adopted by the Board of Directors. Rules are established to provide direction to the homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, pets, etc. In addition, your Association may adopt Architectural Guidelines with procedures for submitting requests to make exterior changes to your residence. Such changes may include patio covers, decks, landscaping, exterior color changes or extensive interior changes and additions. These rules and guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners, and hopefully protect the property value of your investment as well. If you proceed with an exterior improvement or change, without written approval of the Board of Directors, or Architectural Committee, as applicable, you may be required to remove or correct the alteration at your sole expense. Other alternative actions may be cited by the Board as more clearly defined in the rules and regulations specific for your community association.

What is a ‘management company,” what do they do, and how do I reach them?
KC & Associates, LLC was engaged by your Board of Directors to provide a complete range of services for the community, including overseeing the daily administrative management of the community, maintaining the financial records, and assisting the Board in the performance of their duties. Collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing monthly financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisor capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. KC & Associates can be reached at 303-933-6279 or via our website at www.kchoa.com.

Are Board Meetings open to all residents? If so, where and when are they held?
Board meetings are open to all residents of an association. Notice of the time and place of any regular board meetings are noted in community newsletters, can be accessed online via the Event Tab, or by calling your Management Company at 303-933-6279.

I’m having a problem with a neighbor who is violating the governing documents, what can I do?
All violations must be submitted to KC & Associates in writing. Violations can be submitted via mail, fax or email to your property manager or Client Services. Your name and address are required to report a violation.

Who do I Contact with snow removal issues?
Contact your property manager via email or phone call.

Scroll to Top